Booking Terms & Conditions
We accept bookings by email and telephone and require a booking deposit of £200 to be paid within 7 days to secure your booking. This deposit will be set-off against rental due on the property.
Please check our booking conditions below, and confirm the appropriate availability calendar (La Vieille Grange / Le Pigeonnier) before continuing.
We require that you are authorised to make this booking on behalf of your party, and that you are over 18 years of age.
Arrival & Departure time
Time of arrival is usually between 4pm and 6pm. It may be possible to arrive an hour or two earlier or later by prior arrangement.
A complementary welcome pack comprising tea, coffee, milk, wine and other basic food essentials is provided to get you settled on your arrival.
Check out is 10am.
Our lets usually run from Saturday-to-Saturday. It is possible to arrive on other days of the week and a shorter stay or long weekends out of peak season, contact us and we will do our best to oblige.
Detailed booking conditions
Please select to read the full version of the booking conditions
Booking Conditions for ‘Domaine de Pémontier’
24560 St Cernin de Labarde
- The property at the ‘Domaine de Pémontier’ may be offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by John & Lesley Lewis (‘the Owner’) to the renter (‘the Client’).
- To reserve the property, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit of £200. Please note that this deposit will not be refunded in the event of cancellation. Cancellations are to be in writing by the person who made the booking. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the property. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy including cancellation cover and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings and public liability, etc. since these are not covered by the Owner’s insurance. This deposit constitutes part of the total rental fee. Electricity, cooking gas, hot and cold water, local taxes are included unless otherwise indicated. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owner will send a confirmation statement and receipt. This is the formal acceptance of the booking. Until this is received the booking is not firm.
- The balance of the rental is due not less than 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- A security deposit of £200 will be taken and the Owner will claim costs incurred for the replacement of breakages or repair of damage to the property or excessive cleaning charges. Under no circumstances may the security deposit be used to pay for extra services. The security deposit will be returned within 2 weeks of the Client vacating the property less any charges for damages. This shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owner.
- Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period e.g. grocery purchase, must be settled locally with the Owner on the day before departure if not already pre-paid.
- The rental period shall commence at 16.00 hours (4.00 pm) on the first day and finish at 10.00 hours (10.00 am) on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the property before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
- The maximum number of guests to reside in the property must not exceed the number stated in the booking form.
- The property cannot be booked for parties, feasts or private events without the written permission of the Owner.
- Smoking is not permitted in the buildings.
- Pets are not allowed in the building or in the grounds.
- The parking of caravans (motorised or otherwise) and/or camping is not permitted on the property grounds without the written permission of the Owner.
- The swimming pool is entirely reserved for the Client and those people named in the booking form. Residents, and only the residents, can use the swimming pool, all other persons from outside will be considered to be under the law for “violation de domicile”.
- The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition throughout your stay and at the end of the rental period. Music, radio, television noise must not be at a level that can be heard outside the property.
- The Owner reserves the right to claim costs incurred for additional cleaning if the Client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in a way which would cause disturbance to those residing on Domaine de Pémontier or any neighbouring properties.
- The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment, plant machinery, or any appliances in the property, garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible. No glass or china to be taken or used in the pool area. Should any fall into the pool, we would need to empty, clean and re-fill the pool – this can take a number of days.
- The Owner shall not be responsible or liable to the Client:
- for any defect or stoppage temporary or otherwise in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant machinery or appliance in the property, garden or swimming pool.
- the use of the accommodation, equipment, swimming pool and any other amenities on site, is entirely at the Client’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, loss or damage to the guests personally, or their belongings – including cars.
- for any disturbance which occurs in the area surrounding the property by neighbours or other persons.
- for loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes, terrorist threats or any matters beyond the control of the Owner.
- for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period. In any such event, the Owner shall within 7 days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
- Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
- Completing the booking form implies knowledge and acceptance of these terms and conditions. The person signing the booking form is deemed to the party leader and is responsible for all members of his/her party adhering to these terms and conditions.
- We take the protection of your data very seriously and we will not pass your details on to anyone else without your express permission.
- Wi-fi is freely available throughout the gîtes however we are in a rural location and can occasionally suffer outages and we can’t make any guarantees about the availability of Wi-fi at any given time.
Do not hesitate to contact us for more information or special requests, you can call us or send us an email, our contact details can be found on our website.
This contract is entirely regulated by French law and will be considered to have been made in France.
Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent French jurisdiction.
Please feel free to contact us for more information. You can call or email us (see below) or fill in this contact form. You’re most welcome to contact us with any questions you may have!